message from National Grid
National Grid has been closely monitoring the heavy winds expected
to hit our area over the next 36 hours. We are preparing our
personnel and crew for potential outages and want to make sure that
you are ready, too. If you have an elderly relative or neighbor,
please ensure that they are aware of the situation and have
considered their options.
Please see below for a list of our safety tips and important
prepared by creating an emergency kit:
- Water. The American Red Cross recommends one gallon of water
per person per day
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Charged cell phone
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio
- First aid kit
urge you to stay connected
addition to Outage Central
, National Grid offers a
number of ways for customers to report outages or learn about
restoration efforts and important safety information.
- Outage reporting hotline - Call 1-800-465-1212 to report an
- Text messages - Customers can receive text message alerts by
texting the word STORM to NGRID (64743). Customers can opt out at
any time by texting the word STOP to NGRID (64743).
- Find us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Download our free mobile app (available in the Apple and
GooglePlay stores) which will allow you to view outage maps, report
your outage, check the status of your outage, and access important
contact and safety information.
Remember, if your power goes out, you can also access our mobile
website by going to nationalgrid.com
on your mobile
Here with you. Here for you.